We are now taking applications for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic.
Bonita-Sunnyside is seeking enthusiastic individuals interested in establishing a challenging career in the Fire Service or are looking for a lateral opportunity.
Annual Salary Range: $73,049 – $91,920
Lateral entry salary will be offered to current Firefighter Paramedics from outside agencies and will be based on prior years of paid Firefighter Paramedic work experience.
OPEN DATE: 04/17/2020
CLOSE DATE: 05/22/2020 AT 4:30 PM
Step 1: Application Review – In order to be considered for a position with the Bonita-Sunnyside Fire Protection District, applicants must submit a completed application with all required certifications by the application deadline. The Bonita-Sunnyside Fire Protection District application period is from April 17, 2020 until May 22, 2020 and applications must be turned in to the District office by 4:30 pm on May 22, 2020. Applications may be emailed or directly mailed to the District. As of May 1st, the District office will return to normal business hours. Application may be delivered in-person to the District office during normal business hours.
Applications will be screened to ensure the following requirements are met: (Applications without legible copies of the noted requirements will be disqualified)
- Copy of your valid California or national Registry EMT-P card. Must be attached to application.
- Copy of your valid County of San Diego Paramedic Accreditation. Must be attached to application.
- Copy of your valid Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR-BCH) card. Must be attached to application.
- Copy of your valid Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) card. Must be attached to application.
- Copy of your CPAT certificate dated within 12 months of application deadline. If available, please attach to application. In-lieu of a current CPAT- Bonita will be hosting a Physical Abilities Test on June 3, 2020 for those who qualify.
- Copy of your valid California Drivers License. Must be attached to application.
- Current DMV (within 1 month) record printout which can be obtained HERE. Print and attach to application
- Copy of your High School Diploma or GED. Must be attached to application.
Step 2: Paramedic Assessment – The paramedic assessment test will test the candidate’s knowledge and skill in patient evaluation and treatment. All patient simulations will be based on San Diego County Treatment Guidelines, which can be found HERE.
Tentatively scheduled for: May 28, and June 2, 2020
Step 3: Physical Abilities Test (Pass/Fail) – Candidates who do not have a current CPAT will be required to take Bonita’s Physical Abilities Test.
Tentatively scheduled for: June 3, 2020
Step 4: Appraisal Interview – The interview process will evaluate the candidate’s education, experience and professional qualifications for the position.
Tentatively scheduled for: June 4, 2020
Step 5: Chief’s Interview – Tentatively scheduled for: June 5, 2020
Step 6: Conditional Job Offer/Background Investigation – Following the successful completion of all prior steps, candidates may be made a conditional job offer. Candidates will be required to complete a thorough background investigation which includes completing a Live Scan through the California Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation. (Results typically come back within 3-5 business days).
Step 7: Conditional Job Offer/Psychological and Medical Examination – Qualified candidates shall undergo a psychological assessment by a qualified professional to determine their suitability for the position. In addition, qualified candidates will complete a full medical examination, including drug screening.
PLEASE NOTE, ALL DATES LISTED ABOVE ARE TENTATIVE AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
12 Hours/Month Vacation Accrual
24 Hours/Month Sick Leave Accrual
2.7% @57 CalPERS Retirement
Medical, Dental, Uniform Allowance
$5,000 longevity stipend after 5 years of employment
For more detail information regarding the benefit package please contact the District at 619-479-2346
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE HERE AND CAN ALSO BE FOUND AT THE DISTRICT OFFICE.
APPLICATION DOCUMENT CHECK LIST CAN BE FOUND HERE.
Just starting out and looking at becoming a Firefighter? Here is a helpful guide to help you on your way.
Joining the Fire Service-An Educational Guide